Capturing Kids Hearts (CKH)
Capturing Kids’ Hearts is a teaching and learning program and process. Teachers can’t always control what comes into their classrooms. Capturing Kids’ Hearts shows them how to create high-achieving centers of learning by strengthening students’ connectedness to others through enhancing healthy bonds with their teachers and establishing collaborative agreements of acceptable behavior.
What are the Goals for Capturing Kids’ Hearts (CKH)?
Capturing Kids’ Hearts is an immersive, participatory experience. Teachers, staff, and administrators learn and practice skills they will use and model in their classrooms, schools, and districts, including:
- How to build meaningful, productive relationships with every student and every colleague.
- How to use the Capturing Kids’ Hearts EXCEL Teaching Model to create a safe, effective environment for learning.
- How to develop self-managing, high-performing classrooms using team-building skills and a Social Contract.
- High payoff techniques for dealing with conflict, negative behavior, and disrespect issues.
- Capturing Kids’ Hearts is the beginning of a transformational, multi-year process for teachers and administrators at the campus or district level.
Educators learn to use the EXCEL teaching model with their students or staff.
- Engage: Students are greeted at the door with a handshake, eye contact, and a sincere welcome.
- X-plore: Teachers listen and attend to the personal, emotional, and academic needs of our students.
- Communicate:Teachers communicate care as well as content.
- Empower:Teachers empower students to gain the ability to “use and do” the things they have been taught.
- Launch:Deals with how we “end and send” our students into the world. The purpose is to start our students on a course of action by ending our classes on a powerful note.
Capturing Kids’ Hearts promotes relevance, rigor and relationships. By teaching students respect and responsibility the process supports diversity, character education, bully prevention, service-learning and safe school initiatives. The entire process teaches employability skills and promoters career preparation. In the end, Capturing Kids’ Hearts provides educators with the tools to leave a legacy of impacted lives.
What is the Capturing Kids’ Hearts – Discipline Model?
Behave In – Behave Out is a process designed to help students manage and accept responsibility for their own attitudes and behavior. The model uses four (4) basic questions. The system builds self managing classrooms.
1.What are you doing?
2.What are you supposed to be doing?
3.Are you doing it?
4.What are you going to do about it?